World leading radio-pharmaceutical oncology company
Algeta is a focused oncology company that develops and commercializes targeted therapies for cancer patients based on a proprietary alpha-particle technology platform in areas of significant commercial potential. The lead product, Alpharadin®, is a first-in-class product, targeting bone metastases resulting from prostate cancer. Alpharadin® is shown to be very potent against cancer cells, remarkably well tolerated and convenient to use. Algeta was founded in 1997 by researchers at Radiumhospitalet, a leading cancer research center. Since March 2007 Algeta has been listed in the Oslo Stock Exchange (Ticker: ALGETA). In September 2009 Algeta entered into a $800 million agreement with Bayer Schering Pharma AG for the development and global commercialization of Alpharadin®. In June 2011 Algeta met the primary end-point in the pivotal phase III study.
Key developments during our ownership:
- Designed and executed clinical phase II trials 2003-2007.
- Built an international caliber board of directors and management team 2004-2005.
- Built a broad and competent ownership structure attracting first tier international life science funds and investors 2005.
- Secured a total of USD 120 million in equity from 2005 to 2009 from international investors.
- Completed phase II trials in 2007 demonstrating strong medical effect.
- Listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange in 2007.
- Hired new world-class life science CEO December 2008.
- Designed the phase III clinical program for the lead product 2007-2008.
- Signed a USD 800 million global agreement with Bayer in 2009.
- Met primary endpoint in the pivotal phase III study in June 2011.
- Built production capacity for Alpharadin®
The shareholding was sold in the third quarter of 2011.
Responsible partner: Jens Petter Falck.